Hey Girls! Today I want to talk about being like a child. When Jesus (yeshua) said in Matthew 18, that unless we become like children we will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Let’s talk more about that. First let’s read the passage and then elaborate on it.
“At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.”
Okay, let’s start with this: The disciples ask Jesus (Yeshua) who is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven. He picks up a child and tells them that unless they are converted (accept Jesus as their Lord, and serve Him all their life, continually repenting), and become as children, they will not enter heaven. How do you become like a child?What are children like? Let’s look at some of the characteristics of a child.
- Children are gullible. Not saying that in the mean way, but when you tell the child something, they believe you. They are innocent.
- Children love. When the child loves someone, they love you soooooo much, with all their heart.
- Children are (mostly) obedient. If someone of high authority tells the child to do something, they ask why, then when given the reason they do it.
Now for us, we are not children anymore but we need to be like children when we do things for God.
- To be “gullible”, we need to believe God, and take Him at His Word (The Bible).
- We also must love Him with all of our heart, ALL OF IT!
- We need to obey Him, and do whatever he says to do. If you aren’t sure what that is, contact me and I’ll help you with that. You will be anonymous. (contact page above). You don’t even have to use your real name if you want.
Be Like a Child.